It always surprises me as Spring winds to a close and summer begins, how busy life becomes! School ends in Michigan in mid-June, and the month or two before this happens is always chuck full of field trips, school parties, concerts, BBQs and the like. It's as if the entire state is waking up from a long winter nap. I guess in a way we are. There is just so much to do once the weather turns!
Tristan had his school concert much earlier in the year, but the girls all had theirs at the end. Emma's 5th grade concert included songs played on the recorder.
Maya and Isabelle did a great job in their 1st grade concert! I loved watching them perform.
I hosted birthday celebrations for a couple of my girlfriends. I am blessed to know many incredible women!
Alex, Sebastian and I went with Cayson, Lily and Jen to the zoo while everyone else was in school. It was a beautiful day for it too!
Emma's class produced several plays. Emma helped with scenery for one called Pirates A-hoy, and performed in one called Cullen vs. Hungry Games. She had a lot of fun doing these plays and has been writing and directing plays for her siblings ever since!
After school finally came to a close, the kids and I spent a few hours together cleaning Jeff's car inside and out for Father's Day. It was fun to see how excited they all were to do this for their beloved father. He is such a blessing in all of our lives.
Some of our dear friends moved to Mexico City for a 3-year assignment to head up On-Star Mexico. We already miss them! Their oldest daughter is Emma's best friend, so she came for several sleepovers before it was time for a very tearful goodbye.
Thanks to a gift card from my sister-in-law, I got a pedicure--2nd in my life! I felt very pampered. :)
Sandy and Robert helped us celebrate the end of the school year by treating us to a delicious BBQ dinner after swimming at the pool, followed by smores!
Costa Rica-- Our Last Day in Alajuela
8 years ago
















1 comment:
Finally found the pics at our house! You do SUCH a lovely job with these posts, Sarah! You are the best!
Post a Comment