Wednesday, August 8, 2012

18-month Sebastian Fest

Sebastian turned 18 months on May 27th, and I have so many fun photos of him during this time that I have not been very successful in narrowing it down to what to include here. So this post is long and heavy on the photos, but what can I say? I am a mommy in love!
 


My little guy will use anything he can find to use as a stool. He loves to be big, and he loves to be able to reach what is intentionally kept out of reach. The other day he actually put a piece of paper on the ground and stepped on it to see if that would help him be able to reach the family bulletin board. :)

Here he is using a booster chair to get a better view. He moved it all around the kitchen to see what new things he could get into.

And here he has found a way to be an active participant in the basketball game.


Sebastian has discovered how to smile for the camera. For some reason this usually includes leaning over to one side and squinting his eyes. :)

 This boy loves his cars and tools!
 

He was thrilled with these safety glasses Daddy brought home one day, even if they were a little tricky to keep on there.
 

One day I put in my ab workout dvd and before it even started Sebastian ran over to lie down and participate! I am constantly surprised how aware these little people are of what we do.
Another time we went outside and when I turned around he was gone. I looked all over and was starting to get that nervous feeling when I went around to the front and found him comfortably ensconced in our camp chair, all alone on the front porch!
A few times while all the kids were in school and we were killing time while Alex was at preschool, I took him over to a little play area in the mall. He loved this--especially when he discovered what slides were all about!
 
 
Sebastian is very passionate about being outside. He simply can't get enough of it. Luckily Jeff seems to always have an outside project to work on, so he can tag along with Daddy and help him sort all his tools. :) His hair has lightened and his little forearms are darker than mine because of this.

It has been wonderful for Sebastian to have Alex home this year. He will miss him dearly come September.
 

He also still holds a special place in his heart for his other big brother, Tristan. I love it when children find these cozy little spaces.

Sebastian has discovered the joy of popsicles!
 
I can't get enough of this boy--especially in overalls! Can't believe he's going to be a big brother next year!
 

2 comments:

Granny D Fifield said...

Dear little Monkey!!! I'm so glad you were out here this summer.

Granny D Fifield said...

Gad he is cute!!!!