Monday, August 29, 2011

Sweet Isabelle's Sixth Birthday

August 15th was a much anticipated day, and not just by Isabelle even though it was her birthday. All the kids were very excited for her special day. Isabelle's big dreams for her birthday this year consisted of a princess watch, lip gloss, bubble gum, a friend party, and dinner at a McDonalds with a playplace. We were able to make all these dreams come true! :)

Isabelle LOVES blueberries, so we started the day with fresh blueberries, blueberry syrup, and whipping cream on waffles. At lunchtime we headed to a park for the festivities. The kids played on the playground, painted butterfly masks (bears for the boys), ate lots of good food, opened presents, ate a slightly melted ice cream sandwich cake (should have bought some dry ice!) and finished with water balloon activities. They all had a great time!It turned out that tossing water balloons back and forth from towel to towel was too hard for these little munchkins. They had fun trying for a while, and then I encouraged them just to throw them at each other. It think they liked that the best. :)
I never could have pulled this off without all the help I received! The sister missionaries helped me decorate and setup the park pavilion, Sandy and Robert helped with Sebastian and taking pictures and assisting with the party activities, and my husband was able to get off work a bit early and bring the pizza. My thanks to all of you!

After the party we went home and let Isabelle open the family gifts. I've said it before and I'll say it again; this is definitely my favorite part of birthdays. I love watching their little faces as they give the little treasures they have wrapped up and prepared for the birthday child.
We gave Isabelle this outfit, and she is excited to wear it to school when the weather cools off.
In the evening Isabelle and Emma had their last ice skating lesson, so we all went to watch and then we finished the day off with dinner at McDonalds.

It is such a pleasure to be Isabelle's mother! Six years ago we had just moved to Michigan and I was 9 months pregnant. It is hard to believe that so much time has gone by and my precious little baby...is a beautiful girl ready to start 1st grade.

2 comments:

Granny D Fifield said...

Dear Isabelle, that night as we waited for you to arrive we had no idea the treasure that was headed our way. You have brought so much joy into all of our lives.

julie Tandberg said...

Love,love,love reading your blog. Happy belated birthday to Isabelle.