Sunday, August 7, 2011

Baby animals

Back in June when the boys and I visited a local farm we got to see a calf that was just a few days old and a cow that was to deliver within the week. The calf broke my heart because for some reason they had it separated from its mama, all alone in a pen. I guess I wouldn't have made a very good rancher. :)We went with some new friends. Alex and Elizabeth looked so adorable under this little umbrella!All the kids loved climbing on the tractors and farm equipment.
Another time we headed to one of our favorite parks that is just a couple miles from our home. It has this beautiful pond with ducks to feed. We were happily surprised to find baby ducklings swimming about this time. You could tell they were accustomed to people as they didn't hurry away when we approached.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Oh, that calf would have upset me, too!