__________________________________
Christmas around here is SO exciting! I love how the kids' eyes look all sparkly and happy this time of year. I guess that is the magic of Christmas! :)We spent Christmas Eve with several other families we know from church. The food was w
onderful and all the kids had fun playing together. After dinner all the little boys had the most fun playing with their table.After we got home we did our tradtional "Crepe Paper Ball." This is where I get a little gift for each person, wrap it and then wrap them all into a ball of r
ed crepe paper, so that you find them one at a time when it is unwrapped. Then we unwrap it together till we find the first present and see whose name is on it. Before that person unwraps it they share their testimony or feelings about Jesus and the gospel, or simply express what they are grateful for.
They LOVED it! And, as always, had tons of fun playing in the crepe paper afterwards. Before bed we hung up our stockings and Emma made sure we left cookies for Santa.
I was so excited for the kids to open their presents that I was the first one awake in the morning! :) All the kids were up
by 7 and the fun began. I told Emma about how when I was little we always lined up from youngest to oldest to go in and then opened the presents one by one in order of age. She thought we should do the same, and it actually worked really great. We let them open all the stockings first, ate breakfast and then attacked the presents. In the past I've always made something special for breakfast like a breakfast casserole or a quiche, but the kids have always wanted to just eat their treats instead. This year Santa put those cute little boxes of sugar cereal (which we don't ever have) in their stockings, along with an orange and juice box. It worked great for breakfast! I hope he does this every year! :) We polished off the cinnamon rolls I had made yesterday as well.




Emma was totally thrilled with this scarf/hat/gloves set! She thought she looked like Kit Kittredge. :)
Tinkerbelle gifts for our little "Belle"

After we were done the kids watched the new Tinkerbelle movie...
and played our new Wii... (thanks grandma!!!)
The next 2 days were tons of fun as Jeff's cousin and her family drove up and spent it with us. We loved having some family celebrate the holiday with us!

We are lovin' having Daddy home during the day! Now everyone wants to ride on his shoulders!

ed crepe paper, so that you find them one at a time when it is unwrapped. Then we unwrap it together till we find the first present and see whose name is on it. Before that person unwraps it they share their testimony or feelings about Jesus and the gospel, or simply express what they are grateful for.
They LOVED it! And, as always, had tons of fun playing in the crepe paper afterwards. Before bed we hung up our stockings and Emma made sure we left cookies for Santa.I was so excited for the kids to open their presents that I was the first one awake in the morning! :) All the kids were up
by 7 and the fun began. I told Emma about how when I was little we always lined up from youngest to oldest to go in and then opened the presents one by one in order of age. She thought we should do the same, and it actually worked really great. We let them open all the stockings first, ate breakfast and then attacked the presents. In the past I've always made something special for breakfast like a breakfast casserole or a quiche, but the kids have always wanted to just eat their treats instead. This year Santa put those cute little boxes of sugar cereal (which we don't ever have) in their stockings, along with an orange and juice box. It worked great for breakfast! I hope he does this every year! :) We polished off the cinnamon rolls I had made yesterday as well.



Emma was totally thrilled with this scarf/hat/gloves set! She thought she looked like Kit Kittredge. :)
Tinkerbelle gifts for our little "Belle"
After we were done the kids watched the new Tinkerbelle movie...
and played our new Wii... (thanks grandma!!!)
The next 2 days were tons of fun as Jeff's cousin and her family drove up and spent it with us. We loved having some family celebrate the holiday with us!
We are lovin' having Daddy home during the day! Now everyone wants to ride on his shoulders!


2 comments:
It's so funny that you call it "sugar" cereal because that's what we called it when I was little too!! My parents rule (back then) was sugar couldn't be the first ingredient on the box of cereal -- and if you look, that knocks out MOST of the "kids" cereals!!
Once again you have made my week! I review each new blog a couple of times a day and they don't wear out! My favorite two pictures on the last two blogs are the Sunday Go To Meeting clothes and Mom in bed with her three daughters.
Post a Comment