Tuesday, December 9, 2008

good to be functioning again

Thanks to all you kind people for your comments and phone calls, and to the friend that brought us dinner over the weekend!

I am so happy to feel capable of getting out of bed in the morning and being a mommy! What a blessing! My awesome husband let me rest in bed all weekend and the powerful antibiotics kicked in as Annie predicted.

So how long till this deep-sounding cough goes away? I still have some meds left, but am anxious to be healthy again.

The good thing about being in bed all weekend was that I could work on my laptop without kid interruptions every 30 seconds! I made huge strides in digitally scrapbooking Isabelle's baby book! (Yes, I know I still have 3 baby/adoption books to go after hers, but what can I say?)

Today our social worker came for our 1st post-placement visit. For those of you that don't know, when you adopt internationally, most countries want "post-placement reports" for a number of years, basically to let them know how well their little natives are doing in their new locale. I remember when we were researching countries to adopt from, Kazakhstan required a report each year until the child was 18 years old! Luckily for Russia we only have to do 3 more after this.

2 comments:

ckm said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! As you know, we were under the weather too. Wishe we were closer and I'd have brought you something to eat too.

I am looking forward to checking in on your beautiful family. It has been a long time!

Hugs
Corin and John M.

ckm said...

Oh...and I LOVE to do digital scrapping! I'd love to see some of your work!