Tuesday, December 23, 2008

December Photo Happenings

Our Christmas tree, finally! Usually we get our tree the first weekend of December, but due to my pneumonia we were a week or so late getting it. I love having the fresh, crisp smell of the tree in our home, as well as the cinnamon pine cones I put everywhere and the fresh baked cookies! The kids loved putting the ornaments on, although Tristan did chuck the first glass ball ornament into the air, thinking it was a ball. Luckily Jeff caught it! The first few days the ornaments slowly migrated north as Alex continued to "redecorate." When the kids are all down for the night, I love sitting in front of a fire with Jeff, staring into the lights of the tree and drinking Stephen's hot chocolate with tons of whipping cream. :)
My beautiful Emma with 5 missing teeth.
At Emma's school they were having a Global Celebration party that showcased cultures from around the world. Each student had to decorate a doll to represent a country of his/her choice. Emma chose Russia, and I think she did an awesome job!
My three little toddlers all ready to go to their little Christmas party with their speech therapy group. It was Maya and Tristan's last time, as after the holidays they will be starting to go each morning to a preschool that will address their developmental and speech delays more fully.
For our family night this week Emma was in charge of our activity. She took Isabelle upstairs for a minute and when they came down they were dressed up as Mary and Joseph and had a doll for baby Jesus. Maya, Tristan and Alex were assigned the parts of the 3 Wise Men and she had put together props for the gold, frankincense and myrrh. She had us all gather round to sing Christmas songs. She did get upset when the wise men kept trying to reclaim their gifts. :) Alex is upset here because he is cutting his canine teeth and only wants his mommy...at all times..and even then sometimes it is not quite enough.
Not the most flattering photo, but fun anyway. I LOVE when I don't have to get anyone off to school! It is so much more relaxed. Jeff took this photo of all the girls in bed with me before he left for work. poor guy!
My beautiful children in their Christmas clothes for church.

2 comments:

Amy said...

What a gorgeous shot!!

Granny D Fifield said...

Dear Daughter how much joy you give me. I'd like hard copies of all the pictures so I can exercise my bragging rights! Especially the Christmas outfits :)