Tuesday, January 13, 2009

2009!

Okay, so it's already the 13th, but I rarely get around to acknowledging the new year and making resolutions till February, so really I am doing very well. I have missed blogging the last couple weeks as I discovered Facebook, and have been thoroughly enjoying catching up with old high school friends who I haven't seen since graduation day! That was the first week, then my laptop had a visit to our repair guy. Anyways, I'm back and can't wait to share the first pics of our new year with you.

Let's start with New Year's Eve.

Alex is totally into getting one of our plethora of stools to help him be wherever he wants to be at the moment. Combine this with his new ability to overcome all the child-locks on the cabinets, and nothing is safe anymore! Here he is helping me decorate the table.
We had 2 other families come over to see the new year in.
We celebrated with the noicemakers at 9 before the toddlers went to bed, and then again with our traditional pina coladas at midnight...virgin, as we don't drink! :) This was the first time Emma had stayed up till Midnight and she was very excited about it!

On January 5th Emma went back to school, and Maya and Tristan did too! It was their first day of their new preschool. A bus picks them up and drops them off every day Monday - Friday for a couple hours in the morning. They have been going a week now and are really enjoying it! I am excited for them to have this opportunity to address their developmental delays. They have come a very long ways since we brought them home last August, but they still have quite a bit of catching up to do.One day I got this bright idea to put food coloring in plain white yogurt and then let them fingerpaint with it. All 4 toddlers loved it, but Maya and Tristan got the prize for messiest painter/eater!One day we had Chocolate Moose Tracks ice cream cones and couldn't stop laughing at Maya's creative approach to eating an ice cream cone--bottom first!Bubbles! otherwise known as "blowing raspberries" or "kersnickles"
One day I peeked in on these three when I heard them laughing and laughing and this is what I found.
Actually I just looked it up and according to wikipedia "blowing a raspberry" is "a noise signifying derision (and/or silliness), made by sticking out the tongue between the lips and blowing to make a sound reminiscent of flatulence." Not sure what it's called when it's done on someone's tummy. Tristan was the one who started calling them "bubbles" around here.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Hey there .. I too have succombed to Facebook. It's quite addictive isn't it? Yes, I got a Zojirushi (sp?) bread maker. I totally copied you when I read about how it makes a traditional loaf shape. It's been doing a great job as we bake bread about every other day. We also added a yogurt maker and a dehydrator to our kitchen gadgets which have been fun. Take care and happy new year!