Monday, January 26, 2009

My Son is Back!

Alex the angel returned to me today, well, at least Alex, the almost 2-year-old boy, returned to me today. What a difference health makes in temperament!

I probably should knock on wood while I type this, but he let me get him out of his bed, he let me change his diaper and dress him, he climbed up to the table to eat when I told him to, he ate all his food before everyone else was done (3 servings of dinner actually!), he let me wash him up afterwards, he played happily while I did preschool with Isabelle, he played and shared nicely with the other kids (with a couple exceptions), all without any piercing screams or raging temper tantrums!!! He did not demand to be held constantly and then continue to scream in your ear while you held him, and he even went to bed calmly without a fight at naptime and bedtime!

To top it off he had to go get his blood drawn again tonight to make sure his white blood cell count is back down, and he did NOT even shed a tear! He is seriously a brave little tyke!

After weeks of the not so angelic behavior, I have been singing praises all day! It has been such a happy day! For some reason I am a much better mom when he is not screaming constantly. ;)

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Hooray! I am so glad he is feeling better. At my house, I would rather be sick than to have any of my kids sick. It seriously stinks!

Anonymous said...

Hey Little sister I'm glad to hear all is well again.

love you

john marc