I was not at all prepared for how invigorating it was to have a completely rearranged bedroom! Even the kids felt the energy! They walked in and all of the sudden they were everywhere laughing and dancing around in all the extra room (the desk has not moved in yet).
So, now it is 2 weeks later and 5 rooms in our home have seen changes, with one more still in the mental stage where I am envisioning it just how I want it! I'm not sure these changes will help me accomplish my goals like good feng shui should, but I have loved the physical labor of it all, I have loved cleaning scum and dust away from places that haven't seen the light of day for the three years we've lived here, and I have loved the new energy that is in our home with the changes.
Moving this chair to the family room was so exciting that all the kids had to immediately climb all over it! It didn't matter that it has resided in the basement play area for years without any of them ever sitting on it.
We got this new loft bed for Isabelle courtesy of craigslist, and she absolutely loves it! I love it because we still have room for their bookcase and rocking chair.

Move a couch for me!
-Sarah


3 comments:
What fun! Love the colors in the rooms too!
I am like you...I like to leave things the way they are. It has taken me at least 6 months and 5 furniture rearrangements to figure out our family room. With the move, what fit well in an old house doesn't fit the same in a new one. Now to figure out wall space....
I can't wait to see what you have done. Twenty days but who is counting? ;)
I LOVE moving things around!!! It is energizing, creating different spaces. Isn't that what Pres. Uchtdorf said, to create and beautify? :) I love it! Glad Alex is doing better. Your family is so awesome!
Post a Comment