Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Thanksgiving Day

Before I get into our day of celebration, I wanted to post this cute photo of Emma. She dressed up as a Native American for extra credit at school. The kids were out of school the day before Thanksgiving, so Isabelle decided to help me make pies for our feast. Then on the day of Maya helped me make the crescent rolls. I have such cute little helpers!While I got the rest of our feast ready, Alex taught the other kids how to weave placemats like he did at storytime.They turned out great!And so did our food!Emma and Isabelle both wanted the drumsticks, but neither of them could finish them!Sebastian wasn't so sure about some of his Thanksgiving foods.It's funny how they always want to put things in their mouth, except what they are supposed to.
When supper time rolled around, we were still all so full that we decided to just have pie. After pie we played a Thanksgiving bingo game and made more candy turkeys like Alex did at his preschool party. Although we missed all our extended family that we couldn't be with, we had a wonderful day! We have so much to be grateful for!

1 comment:

Carina said...

What a delicious looking turkey! Isn't it fun having kids old enough to actually be really helpful? I love it! That thanksgiving dinner is making my mouth water just looking at the pictures.

Love all the updates. Twister looked like a blast as a family!