
Mayana Catherine John
Nickname: Maya
Born: November 26, 2004
&
Tristan Ilya John
Born: November 12, 2005
We are so excited to share our happy news with all of you! Thanks to you all for being so patient!
Now, let me tell you about when we first met. We got to the orphanage about 5pm on Tuesday. They took us into a large room that they use for special occasions. It had a terribly out-of-tune piano, lots of tiny chairs, plants all along one wall and toys all along another wall.
We made sure that they knew we wanted to go over the children's medicals before we met the children. So, our agency rep got their medical records and started to translate while I took notes. We got about halfway through and all of a sudden one of the caregivers appears in the doorway with our handsome little boy. His Russian name was Ilya, but they called him Ilyush as a nickname. We decided to keep his given name as a middle name to honor his birth country heritage. Anyways, Tristan Ilya does not even hesitate in the doorway, he lets go of his caregiver's hand and beelines for his new Daddy. Then he gives Jeff the tightest hug ever
and does not let go. He does not say anything or smile the entire first day, but he got very excited about the toys we brought to play with and as soon as we pulled out a few little baby treats we brought, he jumped up from what he was doing and gobbled them up. His favorite things to do were play with cars and trucks, do a shape sorter and the all-time favorite was to play with the crayon box, dumping it out and putting all the crayons back in.They brought Maya in just a few minutes later. (Her Russian name was Yana and they called her Yanichka. Mayana is pronounced "my Yana.") She looks at the three of us in the room and walks right over to me, hugs me and kisses me right on the mouth. She was also excited about the toys and treats.
Her favorite activities were coloring in the coloring books we brought, dancing to the music from a little toy piano we brought, playing catch with a rubber ball and most of all, playing with dolls. We sang "3 little monkeys jumping on the bed" with them. They both were fascinated, and Maya started doing the actions. We also did Ring-Around-the-Rosie, but neither of them would fall down. :) Tomorrow we are going to try Play-Doh with them.
Okay, so now it is 1 in the morning. We are so off-schedule here! We went to dinner to celebrate at a nice restaurant called Vremya Yest that someone had recommended. When we headed off to find the restaurant, we realized it was already 9pm! The food was delicious, filet mignon and stuffed salmon! We also ordered Homemade Lemonade to drink and were surprised to find that it had the taste of fresh mint in it. It was surprisingly good.


13 comments:
HOORAY!!! So glad that everything is falling into place. You know my email address, if you get a chance I'd love pictures, but I understand if you're a LITTLE busy right now :)
Dear Kids, I've been checking the blog every hour on the hour today!Had to run to the store for a minute and missed your call. :( But what happy news!!!! Thanks for the pictures. They are beautiful and look a lot like they belong in the John family.
Happy Grandma Fifield
Congrats! I'm so glad you got to meet them & that they were so receptive to you. What more could anyone want!!!
Please send us a picture:
gregmalinda@gmail.com
Best of luck!!!
Love to you all!
Malinda & Greg
CONGRATULATIONS!! We couldn't be more happy for you!
Oh...What can I say... please send pics! jeff_linsee@yahoo.com
Can't wait to see you and hear all about it.
Yea! Yea! Yea! We are SO excited for you. Your future children sound so precious. Can't wait to hear that you have your court date and you're bringing your children home. Have a safe journey home! Tamara
Your children are so beautiful!!!!! How sweet that they took no time to show their love. It made me tear up when you described Jeff's hug with your little guy. How exciting!!! After all you've been through, I think all the trouble is worth it. I'm hoping I get to meet them very soon. In the meantime, I hope you come home safely and rested. Good luck with all the red tape that you need to sort through also!
Congrats! We're so happy for you!
I started following your other blog a little while ago. I could not be happier for you and your husband about the additions to your family.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Joy
Isaac and I are so excited for you!. I hope all works out great for you!
HEY...we are so Happy for you. Congratulations!!!! I couldn't help but get emotional reading about the warm reception you received. Maya is a month older than Jess! Jessica will be so excited to meet her new friend. I would love to see pictures!
Congratulations!!! I LOVED reading that post. It must have been so awesome and such a relief to have such a warm and loving feel from them immediately. Please send us pictures when you get a moment, ulovett@gmail.com. We are so very excited for you guys and can't wait to meet the newest members of the John family!
I am so happy for you! Our newest son is named Ilya - I love that name; it is the Russian version of "Elijah". I cannot imagine what it must be like to adopt such young children - it must be so much harder to leave them! At least with our somewhat older ones, I always sort-of felt "well, they've taken good care of them this long!"
Post a Comment