Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Boy Heaven

In the last week of May, when the cement truck came to pour our driveway, the boys were VERY excited!While the workers were on break Alex decided to venture out onto it in his boots. Let's just say that the workers were not pleased to say the least. The scuffs still show a bit as it was already almost set. A permanent little reminder of my mischievious 3-year-old Alex.

It wasn't until mid-June when they poured our sidewalk and walkway, and then a week or so ago they finally grated out the yard so it is all smooth. I was actually sad to see the forest of weeds go in our backyard. It was home to hundreds of lightening bugs! They would put on a magically beautiful show for us every night after dark. Many bunnies also fled for their lives, but I was not so sad to see them go. Gardening has forever ruined rabbits for me, even the baby ones. I see them more as rodents, I guess. Lately there's been no sign of the deer that runs across the back of our lot at the water's edge. Maybe it will venture out again after the shock wears off.

No comments: