Monday, May 17, 2010

Girls' Night Out & First Father/Son Campout

Last weekend our church group had a father/son campout, so us girls got together with some girlfriends for pizza and then headed to an indoor amusement park for young kids. The kids had the time of their lives! They all loved it, and Emma couldn't get enough of the roller-coaster!





We were out late and slept in a bit the next day without the boys around in the morning to wake us all up.

Around noon the boys showed up looking like this:

As you can see, they came home still on a testosterone high! They also had the time of their lives reveling in dirt and mud and smores and sword/light saber battles, and, of course, sleeping with Daddy in a tent.

*****************************

Today is Alex's last day as a 2-year-old! I can't believe it! I have definitely cherished these last two years of his life. Yesterday morning he came into my bedroom, and as I picked him up to haul him into bed with me, he said, "Mama, you pretty!"

4 comments:

ckm said...

I remember how excited I was growing up when the boys left for their father/son campout. We girls lived it up!

Our campout was cancelled due to weather. Kerst was super disappointed.

Carina said...

Awww! I LOVE it! There is nothing better then a girl's night out/boy's night out. Both are very much needed. What a fun indoor amusement place. I loved too that your 2 year old told you, you were pretty. That is the greatest!!

Kimberly said...

Good times for everyone!

junglemama said...

How fun!