Today I was reading a Dora book on manners, and when we were talking about what good manners were afterwards, I mentioned that my mommy had taught me about good manners when I was little. I thought the next part of our conversation was so cute.
Isabelle: Who is your mommy?
Me: Grandma Fifield
Isabelle: I wish we could live with Grandma Fifield.
Me: I would love that too.
Isabelle: Then we could make chocolate chip cookies!
Sadly our kids only see their grandparents about once a year if they are lucky, so it's easy to forget how the details of those visits can make such lasting impressions.
Guess what we are going to be baking tomorrow? :)
*************************************************
Tonight was family movie night at our house and we watched the Black Stallion. I didn't know how it would go. It is 2 full hours and I thought it was probably a little too involved for our little motley crew. Emma saw it long ago and was excited. Well, you would not believe it, but all 10 of their eyes were absolutely GLUED to the screen! Maya lasted an hour and half before she got restless, which was a record for her. Isabelle was very sad when it ended cause she wanted more. And my two-year-old little Alex was insistent that we watch it again immediately upon awaking tomorrow! It did help that the main character's name was Alec.
Costa Rica-- Our Last Day in Alajuela
8 years ago


1 comment:
You can come and make cookies with Grandma anytime!!! Wouldn't it be fun.
Post a Comment