Friday, October 10, 2008

tagged

Coming up on my year anniversary of blogging, and this is the first time I've been tagged--by two different people. Hopefully two in one counts, so here's 6 random/unusual facts about me:

  1. I was born in Alberta, Canada to American parents. I still remember the massive mural of Queen Elizabeth in my elementary school's entryway. I still call knit hats, "tukes." When I was 7 we moved to the bottom of Texas, right near the border of Mexico. In Texas we loved the palm trees, the smell of orange blossoms and the jaunts into Mexico. My brother and I thought it was great fun to jump off of roofs of houses! Luckily both of our bodies have more or less stayed intact. :)
  2. I have a husband who actually helps with laundry and dishes without being asked! Among his very long list of virtues is the fact that he gives me a back massage every night! In fact it has gotten to the point where I can't go to sleep very well without it! I am embarrassed even to admit this because it is sounds like I am a high-maintenance wife who requires this, but truly he insists! :) What can a girl do?? Besides, what's wrong with being a high-maintenance wife? ;)
  3. Although my motherly responsibilities have tamed it somewhat, I have always loved high-adventure, adrenaline-producing activities, such as amusement park rides, bungee jumping in Utah, para-gliding in Switzerland and para-sailing in Jamaica. I also love to travel! :)
  4. I love triathlons! Yup, that is where you start swimming, then bike, then run. I got into this while we lived in Florida. Having spent half the summer this year in Russia, or camping, or frantically preparing to travel, I didn't get to participate in any this year. In fact the one I was definitely going to do, ended up taking place as our plane was leaving the runway for our last trip to Russia. Oh well, there's always next year.
  5. I don't like oranges. Or grapefruits. Being that we lived in Texas when I was a child, I remember trying to drink a glass of orange juice because everyone seemed convinced it was so good. I couldn't get it down. I don't even like it when someone peels an orange around me. :)
  6. I never pass-along chain letters, emails, (blog tagging!), and very rarely go to any type of tupperware/makeup/jewelry/candle "party" where there is a hostess and catalog involved. No disparagement meant for those that do, it's just not my thing. I guess I just like letters to be letters, emails to be emails and parties to be parties. I do like reading people's random facts, so I think I will pass this game of tag on, albeit to only one person, my mom, since she just started blogging.

2 comments:

Granny D Fifield said...

What a stinker you are. You made your six facts so interesting it will be a challenge to make mine very interesting. But I will try!

The King of America said...

As King of America, I here by dub thee "Best Wife and Mother in America!" I would say world, as I have no doubt of its truthfulness, but as King of America, I lack the Authority. Never the less, Great Job! You are awesome. Keep up the great work.