Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Big Outing


Our Precious Ones!

When we took the kids for their first 5 minute car ride in Russia, they were terrified. Now, they LOVE the car! They get so excited when we get in and immediately beg for the music to be turned on, and they cry when some of us leave in the car without them. Last Saturday was our adoption agency's annual picnic in Ann Arbor, which is about an hour and 15 minutes from where we live. We decided to go, and the kids really did great! The drive was definitely too long for them, but they loved all the food and the playground and swings and decorating cookies! It was wonderful to meet Lorien, the Lighthouse agency coordinator who has been so wonderful and made all of this happen so seamlessly!

2 comments:

Granny D Fifield said...

What a wonderful surprise. I check your blog site every time I go past the computer. I had just said to myself that there wouldn't be anything new since there was Isabelle's birthday one this morning but there it was. Do you know how wonderful this is for a hungry grandma? Yes you probably do. They all look so happy. Perfect sharing!!

Tamara said...

LOVE your family photo! Your children are so precious and look so happy. And, reading your next entry, you even look great after a full day reading them their story. Wow ... I obviously need some tips! It's wonderful to see how well things are going for y'all. Hugs, Tamara