Monday, July 28, 2008

Hi from the other side of the world!

Okay, for those that are still checking, we really are still here. I have had severe internet withdrawal (along with acute, almost overwhelming, homesickness for my other little sweeties at home), and so I am paying just enough money to revel in one hour of connectivity.

I am posting 4 entries total. The first 3 are very long and are only for those of you who are really interested. :) In this one I will just say that things are getting better everyday. These two children are really stalwart little folk who have accomplished SO much in such a short time. Maya still puts up a fight to trying any new food at mealtime. When we do get her to try it, she usually really enjoys it. Tristan tries everything! When I talked to Maya’s caregivers they told me she doesn’t like to try anything new. We see this is true, and feel for her, as there is still so much more to come. They both love being able to get a drink of water anytime they want from their straw cups. They play with them and keep them close at hand.

Lately, anytime I put on clothes she hasn’t seen before, she says, “Mama, tee kraseevaya!” (Mama, you are beautiful!) Needless to say, this is a habit we can encourage! :)

They have both come leaps and bounds in the pool! They both get in now and, even though they are nervous almost the whole time, they usually don’t want to stop. Bedtime is still a workout. We are working on being patient and understanding with these precious little ones.

Tristan has become a little Daddy’s boy. If we are both around, he definitely prefers Jeff. He is so happy to have a daddy. When I interviewed his caregivers, they told me Tristan strongly prefers playing with boys, rather than girls. It’s a good thing he has a little brother in our house of girls!

We love and miss you all!

Paka!

5 comments:

Granny D Fifield said...

Thank you dear daughter. I have checked your blog site about every hour. I was quite sure you wouldn't be able to send anything until you got home but I wasn't about to miss it if you should send something. What an adventure!!

As big as this adventure is I expect you have another extra big one that will begin August 1st.right? I hope the detailed postings will continue then. Our prayers will continue. We love you to pieces!!!

Amy said...

Great to see all is going well! The kids really look like they are getting so comfortable. And what cute clothes!

Tamara said...

YEA! It's so good to read your posts and hear that things are going well. I know how tough it can be at first, but with each day, it will get easier and easier. They are so precious! Have a great week and we look forward to hearing all about your adventures. Hugs and Paka! Tamara

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Your children are beautiful!! Glad to see evrything seems to be going well...How did you like orphanage # 3? Were you able to give our photos to them? We thought everyone was very nice there...nothing compares to a loving mommy & daddy though! Good luck throughout the rest of your stay! You are almost done!!! Hooray!! Best wishes to all of you!! Maureen Tyler

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts! It reminds me when we were there last year. We have been home one year with our precious children and everything you say in your blog reminds me of what we went through. Good luck on the rest of your stay and hope to see you when you get home. I saw your neighbor and Isabelle yesterday at ballet.
Linda, Masha & Max ;-)