Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wanna try a Tri?

Okay, so I just found my first triathlon for the season. Most triathlons are on Sundays, which causes a problem for me as I choose not to do things like that on the Sabbath. So, I was excited to find this one on a Saturday and not too far away.

I'm not exactly sure why I was excited, seeing as I wrote this post about the last one I did, but I was, and continue to be, even after I forced myself to read the whole post and relive it. Hmmm, this must signal some major underlying problems in my psyche. Oh well, at least it will force me to train and get a good workout over Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully it won't dump buckets of rain this time. :)

Here's the link if anyone wants to give it a "tri" with me. Sorry, I know that was cheesy, but couldn't resist.

2 comments:

ckm said...

There are some great Triathlons in IL (not too far from you ... compared to CO!). John really enjoyed them. You can get your kids involved too! There is a McDonalds Kid's Triathlon in Chicago (Lake Michigan is where they swim!) http://www.chicagotriathlon.com/ along with Sprint and Regular Triathlons that same day for adults. My girls did them when we lived there. They race is at the end of August. Your oldest daughter might enjoy it ....

Trishark was another one that John did. Lake Geneva in WI had another one that he really liked. Not sure how far it would be for you.

Way to go! That is a great goal!

Granny D Fifield said...

I think I will pass this time. :)