Monday, January 18, 2010

Goals Completed

On January 13th of last year I took upon myself this challenge. The goal was to run 365 miles in a year and read a book every 2 weeks, a total of 26 books. The reading goal was easy for me. I ended up reading 40 books--with only about half of them being audio.

My favorite books for the year were:
1. Life of Pi
2. Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
3. Three Cups of Tea
4. Snowflower and the Secret Fan
5. The #1 Ladies Detective Agency series

The running portion of the goal was much harder though, and I just completed it last Saturday--3 days late. Oh well, the whole point to a goal is to motivate, and it did give me just that little bit more motivation that I needed at times.

This year I am going to do it again, and even though I am starting today, I am going to try to finish them both by December 31st, rather than mid-January. I am off to a good start with 3 miles under my belt already today. :)

5 comments:

Carina said...

WOWSERS!!! I am totally impressed! Way to go! I would be so proud of myself if I accomplished all that you did.

Rachael said...

Yeah! Good for you! I'm trying it again (both the reading and the running) this year. I almost made it on the books, not so much the running last year.

Granny D Fifield said...

Way to go daughter! Did you keep a list of the books. What is the top two of the forty you read?

David and Jana said...

awesome! You're an inspiration!

Granny D Fifield said...

I've read and really liked four out of your favorite five. Great books.