Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Gingerbread Houses

Emma and Isabelle were very excited to decorate Gingerbread Houses in their class Christmas parties this year. Alex and I were able to attend Isabelle's party and they generously let him decorate one too. I think they all did a great job!

This one is Emma's. You can't tell from the photo very well, but she had teddy graham bears putting lights on the roof, decorating the tree in the yard, and on a fruit-roll-up sled. I thought it was very creative.
They had so much fun doing this. The houses were built around milk cartons. I had never seen this before, but thought it was a GREAT idea! It made the houses completely stable.

All of the kids wanted to eat them immediately. I had to work hard to convince them that they were decorations! Actually, they went to town on them a couple of days later. Maya and Tristan had decorated cookies at their party, but they had a big stash of Christmas candy as well, so everyone had fun.

2 comments:

Granny D Fifield said...

How much fun! Alex really looks a lot older. Have a wonderful couple of days. You will be thinking of you.

Granny D Fifield said...

I mean we will be thinking of you. :) I'm not tired or anything.