Monday, May 28, 2012

a busy week of April!

The first week of April not only started off with General Conference and April Fool's Day, it also brought Jeff's 39th birthday and a full week of Easter activities. For part of our gift to Jeff, the kids and I washed his car inside and out. It was sweet to see how excited and willing the kids were to do this for their beloved Daddy.

I also have to include all the photos of their gift-giving because I love their beautiful expressions.
 
 
 
 
 
For our Easter activities we always start on Palm Sunday and reenact the Triumphal Entry of Christ into Jerusalem.
 

Then all week we talk about parables of Christ and what he did that last week of His life on earth. On Thursday we remember the Last Supper with a "Jerusalem Dinner." The menu: Mint Lamb Chops, Lentil Ssoup, Pita Bread with Lemony-Garlic Dip, "Bitter Herb Salad" (romaine lettuce salad with goat cheese, almonds and red onion), Crackers and Boursin Cheese, Olives, Pistachios, and Grape Juice. All the kids love this tradition!



 
We had some really tender, beautiful discussion throughout the weekend as we discussed Christ's atonement and resurrection. I am always amazed at what sweet sensitive spirits these beautiful children have.

2 comments:

Granny D Fifield said...

I wish we lived closer so we could join you in these activities. I'm so glad you are doing this.

photomom said...

Looks like fun!


-grace