Wednesday, May 16, 2012

April Fool's Day

April Fool's is such a fun tradition. I love playing little pranks on my kids! This year after breakfast I told them we needed to clean the whole house and gave them each a preposterous amount of chores. The funniest part was not only the relief demonstrated by Emma, Isabelle and Tristan after I said, "April Fools!" but also the disappointment of Maya and Alex, who were excited to try new, "big kid" chores! Later on I gave them a maze. It didn't take them too long to figure out that it had no solution.

Before dinner I pulled out a bunch of large utensils and had them each pick their favorites, then I informed them that they would be using them to eat dinner.

They couldn't believe I was serious, but we got a lot of good laughs from it. For dessert I made them Fried Egg Sundaes.

Isabelle was especially funny to watch because she really doesn't like eggs. She gamely took a bite, even before I told them what it really was: marshmallow fluff and lemon pudding!

2 comments:

Philip said...

Hi Sarah this is Elisabeth i just have got to say that REALLY looks like an egg what a great joke!!!

Granny D Fifield said...

I especially liked the sundae!