Emma had planned to chop her hair during this time (like I did last year) to donate to Wigs for Kids. She ended up taking 10 inches off! She was a bit nervous at first, but she really wanted to help children who had lost their hair. She ended up very pleased with the result. Here is her hair before:
And after:
The other girls needed haircuts too. Isabelle had never had one before! Her hair has been very slow to come in, and when I took her in before they recommended letting it grow in more first. However a few weeks before she had taken matters into her own hands and snipped off her bangs. I about died when I saw her beautiful blonde curls in my bathroom garbage can. When I asked her why she did it, she said that they kept getting in her face, and then she burst into tears!
Maya needed so much taken off because of breakage (despite my counsel, she often rips out barrettes and brushes too roughly), that we ended up donating 8 inches of her hair as well.
She wasn't so sure about it at first, but after much assurance that she looks beautiful, she came around. I had them stack it in back and it really looks super cute! It is much easier for her to care for as well.


1 comment:
Score three home runs! Way to go on Wigs for Kids! Isabel my hair is very slow growing too. Sounded like a very good reason for cutting your bangs.
Post a Comment