We celebrated as a family in the morning with our traditional birthday breakfast and presents afterward.
Isabelle and Alex had prepared little presents for Emma: handmade cards and their own treasures wrapped up for her. As I've often said, I love watching these little exchanges! Their faces are so transparent, you can see every emotion from the excitement with a bit of nervousness (Will she like it?) in the beginning to the elation in the end when they see that she is pleased.

So after our little celebration, Emma thought we were all done and in the late afternoon I sent her off with Jeff to pick up some groceries and pizza for dinner. When she got home she was totally stunned to find a few of her closest friends, along with her family and neighbors, yelling "SURPRISE!"
While the girls waited for Emma to arrive they made a giant birthday card for her and created their own handmade Valentines. After she arrived we all ate pizza, opened presents, played a few party games, had cake and ice cream, and then headed to the Rec center's indoor pool. It had dumped a foot of snow on us and all 3 cars in our caravan made it there, with only 1 getting stuck temporarily in a snow bank. :) 



Swimming was a huge hit. It has been about 5 months since our kids have been. We all can't wait for summer to come again! Emma conveniently got a new swimsuit for her birthday. She didn't know she would get to use it so soon! :)

Robert helped me watch over Sebastian, and Sandy helped in the pool with the little ones. We have the best neighbors and friends!
Sebastian wasn't impressed with all the festivities!
But all the party guests went home happy.I made these cute little party favors too.
Happy Birthday Emma! We are so proud to be the parents of such a beautiful girl, inside and out!


4 comments:
Happy Birthday Emma! I can't believe the adorably feisty toddler I remember is 10!! But I'm not surprised she's grown up into such a lovely young lady ;)
Wonderful record of a special day. You are so wise to do it. I wish I had.
I am just getting back from St Petersburg and finally getting caught up. What a big boy S is getting to be!! Looks like E's birthday was great! And... congrats on the new house! They are CRUISING along!
Hi Sarah! I happened apon your blog when I was looking at Umeka's. I will have to pop in every once and awhile! You are also welcome to check out mine at www.becky-wilson.blogspot.com.
I remember this Saturday well, even though we weren't directly involved with the birthday party. I was in in Ohio and Jon drove a bunch of people around that day because of the snow and being at the Christensen's already . . . . I am glad she had a great party despite the snow!!
Post a Comment