So we hurriedly got all the kids dressed and grabbed the last minute things we needed. Our neighbors Sandy and Robert drove the kids over to our friends, the Bradfords, while we headed straight for the hospital. When we got to the hospital the contractions were painful, but I could still walk and talk, so the nurses didn't think I was as close as Dr. White had led them to believe. Everything was ready for us, and when they checked I was already dialated to a 7. They broke my water, and 20 minutes later, at 9:49 a.m., Sebastian James John entered the world! We had been at the hospital for only half an hour! Dr. White arrived for the last 10 minutes or so.
The biggest surprise, other than the fact that it went so fast, was that Sebastian weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs. 9 oz. and 22 inches long! --over 2 pounds heavier than Alex was.



The next morning, Jeff picked up the kids from their sleepover and brought them to meet their new little brother. They were all very excited! Here they are in the parking lot waiting for visiting hours.




Monday morning the doctors finally discharged Sebastian and me, and all my boys came to pick us up.
It's so good to be home! And so fun to have this gorgeous little newborn in our family!


18 comments:
Congratulations! He is beautiful. I say, half an hour in the hospital is the way to do it, girl. I've done that a couple of times myself, and I must say that is the way to go! So glad everyone is happy and healthy! Love you all!
Yeah! Congrats on a fabulous labor and a healthy babe. We're so happy for you all. What a sweet time for your family! :)
What a beautiful family. Congratulations on another miracle.
Hooray! What a beautiful baby! We are so happy for you!
Hooray, we are so happy for you! What a beautiful boy! We can't wait to meet him. Hope you are bouncing back. Let me know if we can help!
Congratulations!!!
And, wow - what a champ! 9 1/2# baby in 2 hours! You're a pro...or very lucky. =)
He's very handsome & healthy - congratulations to all!
Congratulations!!! He is absolutely gorgeous! We are so happy for all of you! And I must say - if you're having a baby - going in dialated to a 7 is the way to go! It's so boring to lay around a hospital and wait! :)
Half grown and beautiful like his Mom!!! Fits well into the family ;)
Congratulations! That sounds like the perfect labor to me! And "gorgeous" is an understatement for that handsome little man! Also, I know I've said it before, but I love his name.
Congratulations! 30 minutes is cutting it way close. I thought my 2 hours was bad. Enjoy these moments and figure out a way to get some rest.
Congrats on the cute new one. Can't believe you have 6 kids, what a great a patient women you are. Can't wait to meet the new little guy and catch up with the whole family. We miss you guys and wish we lived closer. Hope all is well and we send lots of love.
Congratulations! Thats an amazing story! He is beautiful and looks just like a John baby! :) Warmest wishes for everything good and happy for you and your family.
WOW!!! Congrats - what a beautiful family! Sounds like an exciting weekend!
Can't wait to see more!
Sarah and Jeff We are so happy for you. Wonderful to see your new little one. He is beautiful!! And such a blessed little one to have the two of you as parents. Love You.
WOW! Congratulations! He is beautiful ... and BIG! You are wonder woman!
Congratulations on your newest little sweetheart! He's precious! Rest up while you can!!
Wow! Congratulations! I have not stopped in at your blog for awhile - what a surprise.
My son Sergei and I were just talking about what name I would have given him if we'd decided to give him an American name - and it is Sebastian! I love that name.
He is adorable. I'm so happy for you.
Post a Comment