Five days till Sebastian's due date, and I have to say that I am filled with very conflicting emotions. I often wish I could go back to my emotional state right before Emma was born when I was naive and only filled with pure excitement. This is my fourth pregnancy and believe me, there is still plenty of anticipation! I absolutely can't wait to meet this brand new little person and hold him in my arms. I can't wait to see the other kids hold him and love on him. I can't wait to lie on my stomach again and not waddle around feeling big and awkward. But I am also filled with dread for the pain that accompanies childbirth, fear for the complications that can arise, and a sure knowledge of what it's like to be a sleep-deprived mother night after night.
The good part is that because we have gone through it before, I know how temporary the hardest parts are, and how wonderful each stage of childhood can be. There is no doubt in my mind that it is all worth it, but that doesn't stop all these feelings from accosting me--keeping me from sleeping well now.
Here's a pic of my huge belly at 39 weeks right before church.
Note the flip-flops; heels make my feet swell too much now. :)
5 comments:
Thats how I remember you right before you guys ventured away from Florida! Congratulations!
Bless your heart sweetheart. It is a high price and you are right it is worth it.
You're going to do great, I have no doubt! We'll keep you in our prayers.
You are beautiful! I wish I had taken pictures like this of my baby belly before each of my kids.
You will do great - you are a super woman!
Oh, but you are so beautiful! Children are such a bitter-sweet experience! You are such an amazing mom, though.
Post a Comment