Sunday, August 22, 2010

summer activities, a bulging belly with a name and Christmas shopping

How's that for a random title? We have been very busy the last few weeks, so I thought I better catch up a bit. The kids have rediscovered the wii around here. It has been a while since they were into it, and it's much better now because more of them can play more of the games. Tristan really loves to play tennis and Alex always wants to do the boxing. He can beat everyone, even his Daddy! I think it's because he's so passionate and can move those cute little arms so quickly.
The other day I found a bunch of pipe cleaners and beads on clearance, so I picked them up and it has been one of my best purchases ever! The kids have been having a blast making bracelets and magic wands and all kinds of things. The best part about this craft is that it is mess free! :)
Emma has taken ice skating and tennis lessons this summer, and thoroughly enjoyed both. Back in May when we went for her very first ice skating lesson she asked, "But Mom, isn't it slippery?" I love seeing the confidence that has grown in her. Our little guy on the way has been growing like crazy, and with a bulging belly to work around and all his little squiggles I can no longer forget about his presence for a moment. We have finally decided on a name for him: Sebastian James John. The kids have been very excited to know what to call him, and my tummy gets lots of loves! This photo is at 25 weeks pregnant.With Sebastian due the 28th of November, I am determined to plan ahead this year for Maya and Tristan's birthdays (which are also in November), and for Christmas. I didn't plan to start quite this early, but when I went to pick up school supplies yesterday, I came across an incredible sale, so I plunged in and got a huge portion done. It felt great!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

You look great. There is a boy in my 13 year old daughter's class named Sebastien and he is a really nice kid. The other kids call him "Sebs".

Granny D Fifield said...

Great blog Sarah. Loved the picture of Emma. Alex scary man;) Thanks for the requested picture. See you soon!!

B&U+2 said...

I love the name you guys have picked out. Whenever we have a boy I want to name him Santiago, but I haven't convinced Bran to go along with it.

photomom said...

Great pics. I love that Emma is ice skating! The belly picture is fabulous and finally I have posted a picture of Jacob so feel free to take a look.

Love from all of us! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! I haven't been online in a while, trying to be super mom to my three! I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations! What a wonderful blessing (for the baby to have You and Jeff as parents, and for your family to have a newbie!) We're expecting number 4 in March! When are you coming to visit FLORIDA?!?! :)