Monday, August 23, 2010

Family Day Celebration--2 years home!

August 2nd is a very special day in our family. We call it Family Day, and it is the day we celebrate when we brought Maya and Tristan home from Russia and we became a family of 7. Here's some photos from our kids first moments together 2 years ago.I can't believe how little all my munchkins were back then! We just measured them and Maya has grown 6 inches since this day, and Tristan has grown 5 1/2 inches!!!

This year we celebrated all day long, starting with feeding the ducks and playing at one of our favorite parks.Since Emma has been taking tennis lessons, all the kids were really excited to give it a try themselves, so that's where we went next.Teaching Emma to serveAll my little monkeys!We don't often take all the kids to eat at a restaurant, so they were thrilled when we went to Red Robin for lunch.We finished off the day with a family movie night. What a great day together! I am so grateful for all these beautiful people in my life!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Gorgeous family, gorgeous mom!! I am AMAZED at how they have all grown!! Maya and Tristan look like different little people!!

Granny D Fifield said...

Imagine how different Maya and Tristan lives have been these last two years.
How much richer all our lives have been because they came!

Joseph and Kamber said...

They've just blossomed. Congratulations on the big 2 year mark.

Kimberly said...

Wow! I continue to tear up everytime I think of your amazing family - happy tears! Thank you for inspiring lives . . . I'm so glad to call you family! I hope to one day meet all of your little ones! love you all!