Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer Fun

When summer time finally comes, I seem to make a lot more salads, maybe to go along with all the grilled food we eat at that time. I really love a good salad with lots of variety. This one has lettuce from our garden and the last of our strawberries for the year. Can't wait till our tomatoes start to ripen!Emma has one chore every weekday and sometimes it is to fold a basket of laundry. A couple weeks ago she told me she didn't like this job very much because she gets lonely and bored. So I got these nifty little "playaways" from our library. It is a little device that has an audio book on it. You just stick a AAA battery in and plug in your own headphones. Now she wants to fold laundry everyday for her chore! Isabelle likes them too!The township where we live has weekly outdoor concerts during the summer that are really a lot of fun. Not only do they have the live music, but they also have bounce houses, carnival games and a dance floor for the kids.Emma especially loved that Red Robin was there giving everyone free Strawberry Lemonades. I think this is her third!While Emma and Isabelle were off in the bounce houses, these three loved messing around with Daddy on the picnic blanket. Tristan often mistakes his daddy for a jungle gym. :)
...and his daddy doesn't mind in the least.
I love my Emma!

and I love summer!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I want to eat that salad right now! What fun activities for all of you!