It all started when I walked into the grocery store a couple weeks ago and saw 5lb boxes of gorgeous Michigan blueberries on sale. When I put one in my cart, a lady near me asked what I was going to do with them. I said, "I don't know, but it's going to be good!" I was back the next week for another box.Here's what we ended up with:
2 batches of blueberry muffins, 3 batches of blueberry syrup, untold amounts of fresh blueberry eating extravaganzas, about 2lb frozen in the freezer for later, and my favorite, 2 batches of upside-down individual blueberry cobblers!
Everyone loved smothering their waffles and pancakes in the morning with the blueberry syrup, especially when it was topped with a little whipping cream!
This syrup is also great as an ice cream topping, or on top of cheesecake. Here's the recipe if you want to give it a try:
Blueberry Syrup
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1. In a cup combine sugar, cornstarch and salt; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add blueberries, return to boil and cook until liquid is released from fruit, about 2 minutes.
3. Stir in sugar mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, 1 to 2 minutes.
I think I need to plant a blueberry patch!


2 comments:
Oh. My. Goodness. Those blueberries look absolutely delicious! I'm definitely going to try that syrup and other recipes. I just need to find a place to buy 5 POUNDS of berries! Wow!
I'll have to try that. Yummy.
Post a Comment