Monday, February 2, 2009

6 Months Home!!!

Today is a landmark, because 6 months ago we finally were able to introduce Maya and Tristan to their new home, new siblings and one of their Grandmas! It was such a momentous day! One that, at many points throughout the process, I thought would never get here. Who would have guessed that in just 6 short months they would have conquered so many fears, that they would learn English so fast, that they would blend in with our other kids so quickly, that they would attach to us so well, or that we could learn to love them so much! I am so grateful that we went on this crazy adoption adventure, and so grateful that we are done, and they are here, and we are getting through the hardest part of adjustment with our sanity (for the most part) intact. :)

Over the weekend, my girlfriend gave Maya and Tristan a much needed haircut, and they both turned out SO cute! Maya also broke the frame to her glasses this morning, so she definitely has a new look with her new glasses. I love it!
Alex also got his first haircut, and I am still mourning the loss of those golden baby curls. He looks so grown up now, I could cry! I do love the haircut though and think he looks ever so handsome!As you can see he wasn't thrilled with this hair salon stuff--just wanted to go back to playing with all the toys. He refused to look at me and smile for the picture! :)

Here's a couple pics of Isabelle and Maya with the new glasses.

3 comments:

photomom said...

Sarah, the kids look darling! And yes, Alex does look all grown up... funny how a haircut can do that! Congrats on the 6 month anniversary. Love from all of us!

Granny D Fifield said...

Haircuts are all great. Alex how did you get so old? Maya I love your new glasses and your hair cut. Tristan you are a very handsome young man. Who is the little angel sitting next to Maya on the stairs? :)

findingourdaughter said...

Love Maya's new do....what a cute bob haircut for little girl!
My boys would die to play in snow....they have NEVER seen it or felt it. Kids in FL are truly deprived.
Congratulations--6 months home.....and a lifetime of love to go!
Hugs,
Angie