Friday, November 28, 2008

Maya's Celebration

We knew there was a high chance of Jeff being able to come home from work at lunch as it is the day before Thanksgiving, so we held off with the traditional birthday breakfast and had it with him at lunch. This worked out really well, as Maya was still able to have her beloved super porridge for breakfast. She loved feeling so special all day!These are sweet little gifts Emma and Isabelle gave to Maya from their own belongings. They even made their own wrapping paper. Maya loved getting a flashlight like Tristan did on his birthday.Opening the presents was extremely exciting! Tristan broke down at this point, telling us that it should be his birthday and that he should be getting the presents! Poor little one, I guess he thought all birthdays were for him. He bucked up though, and Maya was very good at sharing her new toys.Maya was excited to push around her new baby stroller and she named the little Webkinz that Grandma gave her "Princess."Emma and Isabelle were just as excited about the new Tinkerbell tea set as Maya was!
I made pizza for dinner as that is Maya's favorite, and then chocolate cupcakes for dessert. What an American girl she is now! As I side note on the pizza: Not to brag or anything, but I made the best pizza ever this time! I made ham and pineapple pizza for the kids as that is their favorite, but for us I made a pesto chicken pizza that was awesome! I threw on fresh tomatoes, red onion, mushroom, parmesan and mozzarella as well. It was mouth-watering! We always make a ton of pesto from the basil in our garden and then freeze it. We will definitely be making more pizza soon!
We played this princess version of pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey back in August on Isabelle's birthday, but Maya and Tristan didn't get it. They did this time! Tristan won the game, and they all had a great time.
Even Alex got the idea! He was so adorable! Another side note: Alex just turned 18 months and he can count to 4 and knows several shapes and colors! I can't believe it because he is still my baby, but I guess all this work with Maya and Tristan is rubbing off.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Loved seeing the photos. I really like the special chair cover you've made for the birthday-child. It's so cute! Maya looked like she had an awesome birthday.
Barb

Granny D Fifield said...

Once again I've been able to share an important day from across the country. I'm so grateful for all the pictures and description. With all you do some would say, "I'm just to busy." I'm glad you don't and Maya will be especially glad in the years to come for this record of her fourth birthday.

julie Tandberg said...

It is fun to see your family !!! I know you are a busy Mom!!!! Love, Aunt Julie

junglemama said...

What a fun party! Your girls are adorable!

David and Jana said...

I love it! Everything looks so happy and fun in your home. I'm so glad. It was so nice to see you and talk to you while we were there. The pizza sounds really good.... :)