Friday, November 14, 2008

Tristan's Birthday Celebrations

All the kids were SO excited to come downstairs in the morning and see all the balloons and crepe paper decorations we had put up for Tristan! In our family we have the traditional birthday breakfast of french toast with strawberries and whipping cream eaten on our china. This is always a huge hit! They loved the hot chocolate too.

I realized that this was not only Tristan's first birthday with us, it is his first birthday celebration ever! He LOVED opening his presents and visibly reveled in being the center of attention! This was a bit hard for Maya. She didn't understand why she didn't get any. Luckily her turn is very soon.
The kids happily spent the day playing with his new toys (although Tristan wasn't too sure he wanted to share all his newly acquired belongings), and since Daddy was home from work, we went swimming so he could see how well all the kids are doing. Dinner was hot dogs, cheetos and grapes, which, of course, they loved and so did Mom as it was super easy! (Mom and Dad had leftover Coconut Shrimp Curry, so everyone was happy.)
We are not big traditional cake eaters here, so I made a "brownie cake," frosted it, sprinkled it with broken-up Andes mints and served it with mint chocolate chip ice cream. I do love making food that is devoured appreciatively by my family!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tristan looks like a totally different child than when you brought him home. It is amazing what love does.

David and Jana said...

Wow. What a journey for you guys! I love the way you love your little ones! You are such a good mom, Sarah. 3 three year olds! What a wonderful thing to share in your family. I love to see the happy pictures of the kids. Tristan does look so happy and he looks like he feels loved.

Ron and Dinia said...

Happy birthday Tristan! What great photos of the birthday boy!

Kimberly said...

My heart is filled to overflowing with love for you, Jeff and Sarah, for the absolutely amazing blessing you very obviously have been to Tristan and Maya as well as your other children. I admire you both so much and hope I can be at least a little more like you as I love and nurture my own children! I hope we can get together again soon! Love you, Kimberly