I wouldn't say I have things perfectly in control by any means (who does!?); in fact, every day is still extremely demanding for me, but three months ago I was completely overwhelmed at all times. :) The signs of attachment Maya and Tristan are showing are very helpful too, especially when they say, "I love you, Mama."
I have a ton of photos to share. We have been busy with all the traditions of the season and enjoying sporadic bits of nice weather.
Pumpkin carving was very fun! These 3 loved being allowed to sit up on the table and to tease each other with the pumpkin goop.
Here we have Pooh Bear as a Honeybee, Snow White, Mickey Mouse Fireman, Tinkerbell and a Witch. Everyone was SO excited for trick-or-treating! Maya and Tristan and Alex knew what to do from our church's Halloween party the week before. We all had a great time and although two days before the highs had been in the 40s, on this night it was in the 60s!
To burn off all the sugar-overload the next morning, we went to a brand-new, REALLY nice park with some friends. I brought hot apple cider in a thermos and we stayed for two hours. No one wanted to leave.
After everyone had naps, we were back outside to rake up the leaves to play in.









7 comments:
These pictures are great. The kids really look like they are attaching well and having a blast.
I was looking back tonight and re-read a bunch of your "old" posts before Maya turned into Maya and Tristen! I forgot how much you two went through on your first trip. Thanks for your comments and support during my roller-coaster a couple weeks ago!!
Love the photos of course. Mia was Snow White as well. Too cute! It's so great to see how well everyone is doing. I still think you're super woman and an amazing Mom and person. I need to try your porridge recipe one of these days.
Oh! Now I see! (Do I ever look at dates???) I HAVE visited here a FEW times before! It was the "daughter" thing that confused me (and you too, for awhile, it sounds like).
I was attracted to your blog because you obviously respect Russia - I love your blog aesthetics. :)
I had not quite understood previously how your adoption seemed to go so fast... Now I've a better idea, but it still seems pretty amazing!
They are all precious! Thank you for sharing photos of those beautiful kids!
So glad to hear things are progressing well!
God Bless!
How cute all the pics are! Happy belated halloween!
I love the updates! And I'm so glad that everyting is going well for you! some of our favorite family meals are Lasagna & salad, Alfredo noodles w/ cooked veg, creamy crockpot chicken, homemade chicken noodle soup, and Corless Sunday Dinner (oven chicken, brazilian noodles, and corn & broccoli). If you want any recipes, I'd be happy to give them! Happy Fall!
So much happiness! What a tremendous journal for you when you run into the challenging hours and for your children for all their lives.
Thanks for all the happiness it gives me.
Post a Comment