All day I've been thinking back to what Maya and Tristan were like when we first brought them home, and I can hardly believe how far they've come. They are such brave little souls! I do love them dearly and I am so grateful that they are here and adjusting so well into our family.
I would love to write a whole bunch about this last week, but I'm afraid I'm ready to hit the sack, so I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.
Maya was so excited to play dress up with Emma and Isabelle!
Tristan may not like this picture when he grows up, but let it be known that he begged for it! :) Besides it is a necessary rite of passage for all boys with older sisters!
Within 24 hours of getting Maya's new glasses they were bent up enough that they wouldn't stay on her. This was not from her, however, it was due to Alex swiping them off her every time he got the chance. I about went crazy last Friday trying to keep him away from her. By Saturday we were all in need of a getaway, so we took off for a local lake spot and everyone had a fabulous time! So fabulous that we went back again for Labor Day with some friends.
Tristan's size 24 month swimsuit kept falling right off his tiny little body! He will be 3 in November!
As I drove home from the gym yesterday morning, I saw several tiny little kids pedaling around on their bike without training wheels, and I said to myself, "That's it! Today is the day Emma is going to learn to ride her bike!" She is 7 years old and has still been using training wheels. Jeff's tried to teach her the last 2 summers, but she has just had NO desire. So I got home, gave her a very enthusiastic pep talk, convinced her today was the day, and she reluctantly agreed to give it a try. So off we went, and seriously it was SO easy! She was off on her own in minutes! It reinforced to me how powerful the mind is!
Emma started 2nd grade today! I truly can't believe it! She was so excited to go! All her close friends from last year are not in her class, so she's been a bit nervous about finding new ones, but that is something she is very good at. She had me paint her fingers and toes this morning! :) She had a wonderful day and the first thing she wanted to do when she got home was ride her bike! What a break-through!






5 comments:
Your pictures are precious. Don't expect Tristan to keep the swim trunks up for awhile. My son who has been home 4 years will be 5 the end of this month and still wears 18-24 months trunks.
Can it really be one whole month?! I'm so very grateful for the pictures. Everyone looks so happy. I especially liked the picture of Maya up close. Are the bangs before or after the hair cut? The beach was good problem solving. :) Thanks for making me feel like I've had a visit with you. Love you muchly!
I love seeing and reading about your big family! So inspiring! Way to go Emma on the 2 wheels!!
God Bless,
Angie
I love seeing your photos! WOW ... you just seem to fit everything in and never miss a beat. The kiddos look awesome and I love dress up day. We're looking for a Snow White costume for Mia's first Halloween experience so your photo was a gentle reminder that I need to find one! Have a fabulous weekend!
What a beautiful family!
Post a Comment