Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Isabelle

Today has been another good day, our efforts to avoid target issues is working great so far. Letting Maya brush her own teeth didn't work, as she just sucked on it, so now we are trying a team effort which is working alright. As far as sleep goes, the playpen is working great! I just hope she never realizes she can climb out. :) The atmosphere at mealtime has improved dramatically, though there is usually one of the 3 toddlers who decides they would rather go hungry.

At any rate, the real reason I started to post was to talk about my sweet little Isabelle. I cannot express what joy she brings to my life. Lately, when I ask her to do something for me, she has taken to exclaiming, "Sure! Me love to!" and whenever she asks what we are going to be eating, even if she doesn't know what exactly it is, she says, "Yum!"

Last night as I was tucking her in, she told me she was going to marry Alex when they got big. I said, "You want to find a good boy like Alex to marry? He is a good boy, isn't he?" And, she said, "Yes, a really good boy!" I don't think my subtle redirection did any good, as this morning she said, "Mommy, Alex is a cute baby. A really cute baby!"

This afternoon, Isabelle said her tummy hurt a little and asked me to rub it for her. So, she got on the couch and I gently rubbed her tummy. This immediately drew a crowd with Alex, Tristan and Maya wondering what was going on. So I explained that she had owies in her tummy and all three of them, starting with Maya came and gave her sweet little kisses on her face. It was so tender! Then Maya came over and gave me a kiss too. :)

I love being a mom!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Aww they were all concerned for her. How cute!

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Just letting you know that we are thinking of you all. We do keep tabs on you through your blog. It is so fun to see all your pictures. We feel for you on the hard days and rejoice with you on the memorable days! From all you have said, it seems that you and Jeff are doing a fantastic job.

Love and prayers from your brother, me, Gracie, Andrew and Kate!

scubajoe said...

Hi Sarah,
I started reading your Blog for your photos of #3, but now I am hooked! I don't know how you do it! I only have one toddler and can barely keep up!

We had/have problems with the toothbrushing, first of all it was a struggle to just get the toothbruh in his mouth. This was solved by having him witness mommy and daddy brush their teeth every day. After a while he caugh on that it was something he needed/wanted to do.

Next problem is that he wants to do it himself, but at 28 months.. you know its hit or miss. I recently solved that by having him wash his hands with a soap bar at the sink, while at the same time I brush his teeth. The bar falls out of his hands and while he is distracted getting it back, I brush away without any complaints. I got the idea after he watched an Elmo episode about washing your hands, up to that point we only had the pump soap, I put out a bar like Elmo had used and noticed he was totally entertained. Eventually he will master the soap bar, and I will have to come up with something else, but its working for now.

Also, a battery toothbrush with spider man seemed to help the cause.

Best Wishes.
Maria

David and Jana said...

Isn't it those sweet tender moments thst make it all worth it? So when we think of ETERNAL MOTHERHOOD, it's a happy thought? :)
About the teeth brushing, when Davey was little, I would wrap him in a towel, so he couldn't move his hands or legs and brush with one of my hands hold his cheek open with the other. I'd sing a silly song or tell a funny story, some distraction. Now, I still lay him across my lap, not in a towel, because it's the only way I can see in his mouth, and he just lets me do it. I still sing songs or tell stories or something. I also brush my other kids teeth every night. They can brush their own in the morning, and then until they are 8 years old, I do it at night. Adam is going to be 8 within the year and I want to make it a 10 year rule!

Barb said...

I've been following your blog for awhile now. I plan to try the ham and basil quiche recipe soon . . .

I hope you don't mind that I tagged you on my blog http://holmsweethomeblog.blogspot.com/

You can read the post for the rules - no obligation of course!

Barb

Amy said...

Tag! Your it! Check out my blog -- I just tagged you :)