Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Isabelle's 7th Birthday

All the kids were SO excited to celebrate Isabelle's 7th birthday on August 15th. I would say that Alex was just as excited as the birthday girl. He had a special present planned for her that he had been keeping secret. We had our traditional birthday breakfast (with blueberries for Isabelle) over the weekend so Jeff could be with us, so instead we started the day with hot chocolate, English muffins, nutella and strawberries. One of our favorites!
 
 Isabelle chose to go to Pump It Up for her birthday activity. This place provides so much fun and great exercise for all the kids. 
 Sebastian was afraid to go on any of the inflatables. He finally did at the end a bit, but mostly played with the balls and this little car.
 We surprised Isabelle by having her friend Savannah come celebrate with us!
Unfortunately as the kids were getting off the inflatable obstacle course, Alex fell and hit his head on the ground. It didn't seem like a hard hit, but after that he didn't feel like playing and soon fell sound asleep on the ground. We checked his pupils and they didn't seem dilated and he hadn't slept well the night before, so I assumed he was just tired. When it was time to go we woke him and he spit up a little bit. He was back asleep in the car and slept through the rest of the party on the couch. I tried to wake him up several times because it about broke my heart to have him miss the whole celebration that he had been anticipating so ardently.

Meanwhile we had pizza for dinner, followed by Isabelle's fairy cookie cake and presents.
I was so pleased with how Isabelle's cake turned out. When I made the big cookie I still had plenty of dough left over, so on a whim I made a smaller cookie and balanced it on marshmallows for the fairy's "toadstool."
Sandy and Robert were of course with us for the whole celebration. They have known and loved Isabelle since the day she came home from the hospital.
 
 
From Mom and Dad, Isabelle received a scooter, some new headbands and pollys from Tangled. I love this little sweetheart, and I am so proud of what a beautiful grown-up girl she is becoming!
After the party we decided we better take Alex in to Urgent Care to make sure he was okay. They confirmed our suspicions that he had experienced a mild concussion, but said he looked fine and just needed to take it easy for a couple days.

The next day Alex was very sad that he had missed all the fun and insisted that I could have woken him up if I had tried harder. We had leftover party food and cake for lunch to help him feel better, and then he gave Isabelle the gift he had kept secret so well. It turned out to be a special blue rock from his rock collection that she had wanted. I am constantly amazed at the giving, generous hearts in my children. I love how they love each other!
Happy Birthday my dear Isabelle! You are well loved!

2 comments:

Granny D Fifield said...

Thank you for sharing. It was fun to go through it with pictures! Did you make the beautiful cookie cake?

Kimberly said...

What a cute girl! And that cake is quite amazing! Happy birthday, Isabelle!