Wednesday, October 12, 2011

the $1 elbow challenge

For the last month we have been working on table manners. If anyone is caught with an elbow on the table or talking with food in their mouth, they owe me a penny. If anyone catches me, I have to pay each child a penny. It has worked remarkably well.

At dinner tonight Jeff told them all that he would pay $1 to anyone who could put their elbow in their mouth. I wish you all could have been there tonight to see the kids as they tried with all their might to accomplish this task.

After a while Daddy revealed that it was actually an impossible feat. As Tristan was clearing his dishes (he is almost always the first one done around here), he stated matter-of-factly, "Well, I know who can, a clown!"

Alex immediately responded with, "Tristan, I got to tell you this. Really a clown is just a person."

3 comments:

photomom said...

Ha ha ha ha... :) I love it! Aren't kids the best?!

Granny D Fifield said...

What was Tristan's response to Alex's news? So much fun.

julie Tandberg said...

Loved this little segment of family life. So dear.