Sunday, October 2, 2011

9-month-old Sebastian

Wow, do I ever love this little guy! Sometimes I am quite blown away by the intensity of my love for him. It has been amazing watching his little personality start to emerge more this month. He mastered crawling with both knees and is happy to be in the thick of things at all times. He also cut both top teeth now, so he has 4 cute little pearly whites. He is eating solids like a champ and putting on some baby chubs. He loves music and has started to dance, bobbing a little and waving him arm around. I love this!

On the 20th of September he did his first baby sign language, "more!" It was so exciting! I was sitting with several other ladies talking and when he came over to me I picked him up and put him up on my lap. He started doing the "more" sign and I saw that he was looking at a bag of treats on the table that one of the other mothers had for her son! I can't believe my baby can communicate what he wants with me!

We had a family night picnic at a local lake the other night, and Sebastian LOVED the swings!He loves to sit on the ground wherever we go and explore. I am still constantly fishing everything out of his mouth. Sometimes it is grass and leaves...
sometimes ants and spiderwebs, or somebody's chewing gum from under the picnic table bench...
sometimes mulch and twigs...
sometimes mud and sand and rocks...
and sometimes just the normal bits of food, legos or broken toy bits that seem to be around the house no matter how often we sweep and vacuum.
In August he went to the movie theater for the first time. I braved it and took all the kids myself to see the new Cars matinee. Sebastian was a good boy and slept in my arms half the time.
Sebastian loves to go for stroller rides, and his siblings are all very willing. Pay no mind to the safety goggles and toy knife, Alex is a very responsible big brother despite his need to be fully armed at all times. :)

With his newly developed locomotion and speed, Sebastian has discovered many areas in our home that are vulnerable to his mischief. These next 2 photos were taken literally within minutes of each other.
In order to curb his insatiable curiosity, save our breakable dishes and preserve his cute little body, we have also had to install cabinet locks in the kitchen and a one of those screen door closing mechanisms on the door to our basement stairs.

3 comments:

Granny D Fifield said...

How very fun!!! My arms ache and I long to be there with "you all".

Amy said...

So cute!!! Love the update! Hoping those aren't YOUR crutches!!

photomom said...

Ooooo, I just want to squeeze little Sebatian. What a sweetheart boy! Those little button eyes just reel me in.... you make 'em cute mama bear. :)