Tuesday, January 25, 2011

the right time for a newborn

I never thought having a baby during the holidays would turn out very well, but was I ever wrong! It turned out to be a great time for Sebastian to join our family. First of all, it forced me to plan ahead and get all of the holiday stuff done early. Second, you can save as much vacation time as you can and take it all at the end of the year. Third, you have the perfect baby Jesus. And fourth, it was a wonderful time to have family come out to be with us, both for the extra arms, and for all the fun!

My Mom came out the second week of December, and, thanks to her help, we were able to keep everyone fed, the kids off to school, and finish decorating our house for the holiday. Plus, it was simply wonderful to share Sebastian with her! Thanks Mom!

One extra benefit was dressing him up in cute little newborn Christmas outfits!

4 comments:

julie Tandberg said...

What beautiful pictures and what a sweet little guy. It looks like grama was in heaven holding him. Love, Aunt Julie

Granny D Fifield said...

Thanks honey. How I love that little guy. I can feel him in my arms.

photomom said...

How darling! He is beautiful, Sarah. You're absolutely right... Christmas is a fabulous time for a newborn. What sweet memories those will be. Love from all of us.

David and Jana said...

what adorable pictures! I'm glad it worked out well for you! I had Davey December 6th and I have been making an effort to never have another November or December baby. It was just too much. between my mom and David's mom, we had help, but I still remember being overwhelmed. So far we have Feb, March, June, and Dec. June was the best so far!