This year I don't have to drive anyone to school (yeah!), but I have 3 1/2 different bus routes to deal with. Maya and Isabelle both start Kindergarten this year, but Maya is in a special full-day program at a different school to help her catch up--thus a different bus. Isabelle and Emma both get to ride the same bus to school in the morning, and then Isabelle comes home at lunchtime. Tristan is in the same preschool program as last year, which is also at a different elementary school. So I figure it is a good year to be stuck at home with a newborn because we will be meeting buses all day!
Here are my two new little Kindergarten girls. Maya's bus comes first, about 20 min. before Emma and Isabelle's.
You can see Emma's new glasses in this next pic. I'll have to post a better photo. She was so excited because we didn't think we would get them in time for school, but they came in over the weekend.
While the girls were off to school, I had 3 whole hours with just my two little boys. I didn't know what to do with myself! --so many possibilities! :) We ended up stopping at the library for a bit, and then headed for a park. I am so grateful these two have each other. They had a blast!
Here we are waiting for Isabelle's bus. Can you tell that it was extremely windy?
Finally she came. Can a kid grow up in just a few hours? I think she did. :)
Then Tristan was off to preschool. Through all of this I was worried that Alex would feel left out, but he seemed perfectly content to tell everyone that asked that his school was at home and his teacher was his mommy.
Funny thing is, it's just beginning to hit me that we get to do this all over again tomorrow. Being back on a schedule is definitely going to take some getting used to.


4 comments:
I want to be there!!!! As if it isn't enough fun you add cinnamon rolls for breakfast ;0 At least I got to share via the pictures, thanks.
Oh those sound yummy - the breakfast!
What a crazy bus schedule! Mine schedule starts at 5:00 a.m. with getting ready to get the Seminary Kids out the door by 6:00 (I was driving while John was in Europe) and then Jaley's bus at 6:50, Kerst's bus at 8:45 ... and then I drive Kendall to and from preschool at 12:30 on T and Th (25 minute drive one way since we moved ... sniff sniff).
I love schedules ...
Wow, you are going to be one busy mom. I am lucky this year. NO KINDERGARTEN. Katya has preschool twice a week. I decided to hold her out of kindergarten an extra year just so she can emotionally grow up a bit more. It's great that there is a program for Maya. By the way I love the photos of Tristan on the bike. Was he really that small? Every time I see photos of kids that were adopted from Russia and I see how much they have changed I can't help but think about how their path in life was altered dramatically. It makes my heart pound.
You won the Blog Book Giveaway! Please email me at cdenney92@yahoo.com so I can give you the details.
Christy
Post a Comment