Sunday, March 21, 2010

St. Patty's Day Celebrations

In the morning the kids woke up to gentle pinches from Mom. Isabelle got to pinch me back because she was wearing her CTR (Choose the Right) ring. They quickly found some green to wear! Alex had to be the most creative as he didn't have a clean green shirt in his drawer.They were all excited to have green milk on their cereal--once they discovered that it tastes the same. The weather was absolutely gorgeous--up in the high 60s, so we had a little picnic in the park. This was our first park day of the year, so they were a bit timid for the first 5 minutes. After that they were having the time of their lives! You'd have thought I took them to DisneyWorld or something. I love how they are so easy to please.At naptime, I finally remembered to take a pic of Alex in his "new" bed (his crib with the side off). He wanted to take one of me too.After his nap he was hot and sweaty, so he stripped down to his green undies for snack-time.For dinner I had used a 30% off meat dept. coupon to splurge on ribs--not exactly green, but the kids loved them, and we had rolls and a green salad as well. For dessert I made these chocolate cupcakes with this frosting, and then I colored sugar green for on top. They were definitely a hit!Happy belated St. Patty's Day!

__________________________________

The next day Emma had a half day at school and it was another gorgeous day, so we did another picnic in the park. We have been starving for good weather all winter!

1 comment:

EVANS in the "D" said...

Cheers to our potty trained two year olds!

We potty trained Jack last week. :)

Thanks for the blog note. We are doing well.