I remember thinking back in the beginning that the first year would be very tough because all our kids are so young, but if we could just make it through it, we would be okay. It definitely has been tough, one of the most challenging years of my life actually, but also the most worthwhile endeavor of my life. Thinking back to what it was like in the beginning, it is easy to see how much easier and relaxed things are around here now. I am still working on being a more patient mother. Little things that are slightly annoying, when they are magnified by 4 little people all doing those same things all of a sudden become unbearable. :) However, I think patience is probably a daily struggle for most parents.
At any rate, we have been busy all weekend celebrating this special anniversary. It reminded me of Emma's first birthday party, because it felt more like we were celebrating the fact that we survived our first year of parenting, rather than her first year of life since she didn't really get what was going on. That year of adjustment for us would definitely rival this last year that we've had. :) Nothing like new parenthood!
Yesterday I grilled the best steaks of my life and made some yummy potatoes (recipes to come), and my awesome neighbor Jennica made adorable little cupcakes with double-sided Russian/American flags for the kids. We also gave Maya and Tristan the traditional Russian clothes that we had bought for them in Moscow. I took portraits of them and they wore them to church (without the hats). Maya asked everyone she saw if they liked her pretty dress. :) I think Isabelle was pretty jealous. Luckily, her birthday is right around the corner.






10 comments:
Congratulations on surviving the first year! I think you have done an amazing job with all your children. Maya and Tristan look so sweet and happy to show off their Russian clothes. Boy o' boy, I have room to improve in the patience department too, but don't we all? It's hard to believe that it has been a whole year. I pray that everyday just keeps getting better and better for your beautiful family.
LOVE the pictures - the last one of Tristan could be a professional shot. They're so adorable...
I can't believe it's been a year. It seems like just yesterday I followed your visits through Moscow.
So sweet! These little ones fit right into your family! They are so lucky to have you as a mother.
Congratulations! You are such an angel - a blessing to these little ones as I'm sure they are to you as well ... The photos are amazing!
How wonderful! What great pictures!
Sweetheart you think of everything! It is great that you thought to buy the outfits while you were so busy working out all the other details. The pictures are adorable. I look at them each night.
Congratulations!!!!
I can't believe it's been a year! Congratulations!!! I love the pictures and their clothing. What a great idea!
Yeah! You made it. I bet it's nice to look back on the year and know that the year you knew would be the hardest is now just memories. You guys have done a wonderful job... and I love the pictures of Maya and Tristan. What darling kiddos!
Soooo happy for you guys!! You have an awesome family!! All your kids are wonderful, lovely and sweet. It is really nice to hear you saying that it has been totally worth it. I am glad it all has worked out and you guys are as happy as you can be.
Post a Comment