I had to start this post with a cute little pic of my Irish triplets all dressed up for church.On St. Patrick's day we began the day with waffles with green applesauce and green milk. Then as soon as Jeff got home from work we took off for a picnic at a local park by a lake.
We went with finger foods and other than the meatballs, everything was green, of course! :) I made shamrocks out of biscuit dough and dusted them with green sugar, and then we had kiwi, cucumber, pear, apple and lemon-lime Kool-aid.
The funniest part of the day was that night when Tristan filled the potty with green poop! I took a pic, but couldn't bring myself to post it and gross you all out. :)
***********************************************************As a side note: I did my first race of the season on Saturday--a 5k. Unfortunately the temperature was hovering around 33 degrees, and I hadn't been planning on that. Jeff brought all the kids to cheer me on. Luckily we had dressed them like little snowmen. I raced my little heart out and was shocked to see that I got 4th place out of the 19 women who ran in my age group! I haven't been running very fast lately, but I guess that competitive atmosphere just inspires me. :) The best part was when they did the prize drawings and I won an awesome soft-shell jacket that is just my size! Now if I can just figure out how to get my hamstrings to function properly again.


2 comments:
Way to go daughter, on the Patty Day Party and the race!! I don't know how you get it all done but I do think the running is a good balance for all the other. Irish triplet picture is fantastic - it makes my day and that's a lot of days since I look at it every morning. :)
Good job Sarah!! and I mean it. You can manage to make all your kids happy and make them look gorgeous for pictures!!! and besides that, you run and get awarded for it!! wow!! amazing!
Post a Comment