
For dinner we had our traditional birthday breakfast, followed by cheesecake for her birthday cake. She loves cheesecake and we had never done this for a birthday cake before.
After presents we played the candy bar game. Emma has played this before, but none of the others had. It was a HUGE hit-even with Sebastian!
This beautiful daughter of mine is such a blessing to our family! She loves to help with the younger children and is often arranging activities for them to do on the weekends--sometimes "school," sometimes directing a play she has written, and sometimes leading them on imagination adventures.
She is thrilled when we ask her to babysit, and all the other kids love it when she does as well. She also had her first official babysitting job for a family from church--4 hours on a Saturday, and she even successfully made mac & cheese, even though she had never cooked on a gas stove before. All of her siblings look up to her and adore her. They seek her approval and try to be like her. It is a good thing she is such a great example!
Emma is an excellent student. We never have to check up on her homework. She gets right to it the minute she comes home. She also does her daily chore, piano and flute practice without prompting. She started flute this year and had her first concert right after her birthday.
She loves one-on-one time with Mom and/or Dad--especially Sunday evenings when we play an "older" game with her after the others have gone to bed. Her favorites are Monopoly Deal, Ticket to Ride and Pictionary.
I truly can't believe it has been 12 years since she was born. I love watching her learn and grow and become such a remarkable young woman. I am so grateful to have been blessed with her in my life!










5 comments:
Dear Emma, Your talents and goodness are numerous and add so much goodness to all our lives. I so very much agree with your Mom. You are a precious young lady that I love incredibly.
Thank you mom! You are who i learn it from, you're the best!
-Emma
What a wonderful dear sweet daughter. She will be a great asset to Young Womens!!!
Happy birthday, Emma! What a lovely young lady!
Hmm, I didn't know Emma could now babysit for others... Makenna and Max would love that one day I bet! We will have to remember that! : )
Post a Comment