On race day I would say that there were over 1,000 kids running, and our family had fun cheering Emma on to the finish line in the festive atmosphere.

All of the kids thought Emma was so lucky to have participated, and they decided on the spot that they wanted to become runners too. So, I found some cute running charts online and the John Family Running Club was born!
We run 1 mile about 2 or 3 times a week, whenever we can fit it in. Now
the kids have all just passed the 20 mile marker! All of them can run
this distance without stopping, even 5-year-old Alex! Sebastian just
enjoys the ride. :) Sometimes we do sprints or go to the track to break
it up. A couple times friends and neighbor kids have joined us. One of
these days I want to give them flashlights and have them run in the dark
on a track.
We also employ a variety of extravagant motivational rewards--Kool-Aid, popsicles, ice cream cones with Sandy, and when they finish filling in a 25 mile chart, they get a trip to the Dollar store!
Happy running everyone!





3 comments:
This is awesome! I want to get my kids running with me, too. I'll have to look at those charts and figure out what kind of motivators to employ. Way to go John Family Runners!
Great idea!!! See you soon!!!
That sounds like fun! I can't wait for the race that I will be running with Emma.
-Grace
Post a Comment