Tuesday, May 10, 2011

We're in!

Actually it's been almost two weeks now that we have been in our new home, and it still feels like we're just living somewhere temporarily. I guess it has to do with the fact that we still don't have our kitchen appliances (should be arriving any day now) and the boxes are getting unpacked very slowly thanks to all my little helpers--especially my littlest helper who wants me to hold him or at least interact with him at all times.

I think the toll this move has taken on our family is best described by the fact that in the last 3 weeks Sebastian has had a very bad cough and ear infection, Alex got a sinus infection, Isabelle got an ear infection, Maya is very congested, I got bronchitis and lost my voice right during the move, and then Sebastian got a bit of pink eye and currently is running a low grade fever. Whew! The weather is finally starting to be beautiful, so hopefully our family's health (and stress level) will clear up too.

Jeff did get the trampoline and swingset up, and all the kids have been enjoying those and exploring the big backyard. One night we built a little campfire outside and roasted hotdogs and marshmallows. Some of the neighbor kids came over and joined in--some of which had never roasted a marshmallow before! Often we take our food out to the picnic table to eat outside. Today we ate our lunch down there and little white butterflies fluttered by. Then a breeze blew the petals off a nearby apple tree and they swirled all around us. It was fun to see Isabelle, Tristan and Alex's eyes all light up. Tristan wanted to know if it was snowing. It was a magical moment. I think we're going to like it here. :)

7 comments:

Granny D Fifield said...

I think you are going to like it too.

Kimberly said...

Sounds like good things are happening for your family! I'd love to see more pictures of your new home!

Joseph and Kamber said...

Yes, snap some pictures when you get a moment.

photomom said...

A few blinks and a year from now it will all seem like a dream... I'm glad to hear that you are beginning to settle in and mending from being under the weather. Where in the world are those delivery men and your appliances and how in the world do you survive without them!? :) The roast sounds so fun... love from all of us!

julie Tandberg said...

Congratulations on your new home!! I hope everyone gets better soon. That sounds like a sweet picnic!!

Maureen said...

Yay! Congratulations we are so excited for you!

Annie said...

Last summer we had a bonfire in the backyard and I did the "s'mores" thing (even though I don't like them myself. Ilya took one bite - looked at me as though I were crazy and ran into the house, returning with potatoes. He put them in the hottest part of the fire, and in no time they were roasted, and SO DELICIOUS - so you can think of that and explore the kids' Russian roots one of these days when you do it again.

Yes; I'd say that without appliances it would feel pretty much like camping out. Congratulations, though!