Thursday, April 21, 2011

Our New Home

The builder finished up with our new home by the 1st of April, and all we had left was to have our flooring put in. Choosing wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. We finally settled on these:a darker variegated carpet, and hardwood to match the cherry cabinets. We actually went with bamboo rather than an actual wood. I found out that when it is called "woven" or "strand" bamboo it is actually much stronger than oak or maple. And it was a great price. And it grows faster than trees. :)

The morning of the 13th I took the boys over there to see the final product. Although the carpet looked much darker once it was throughout the house, I was very happy with how it turned out.I had to laugh when I saw this last photo. Usually it's Tristan who is wearing this expression. They were having so much fun racing around the empty house and sliding in to home base on our new carpet!

Next Wednesday we'll be sleeping here. I still can't believe it is happening already! Although I am very excited about the beautiful new home, I have to say that I have mixed emotions about the move. I love our current home and our current neighbors, and it will be strange to be starting all over again in many ways. We definitely would have stayed put if our current home was slightly bigger for all our little munchkins.

Well, enough procrastination, I better go pack some more boxes!

9 comments:

Granny D Fifield said...

Thanks for the peek. You in my thoughts most every hour. Love you

ckm said...

Beautiful! Good luck with it all ... you are a wonder woman!
I understand the "picking" stage. We are to that stage in our basement. I just don't even want to think about it. I just want it done... Ready for Jenna and Jaley to have a room (rather than sleeping in the study). Ready for it to be less dusty ...

Joseph and Kamber said...

IT's beautiful. I love the dark hardwood.

Carina said...

Woot! Woot! Congrats!! So exciting to have a brand new place with more space. Yay!

photomom said...

Beautiful choice, Sarah! I love hardwood floors. Here's wishing you a speedy move. :)

Rachael said...

Hope the move goes smoothly. I don't envy you moving, but I do envy the clean fresh start and all the "newness" of a new house. =)

Kimberly said...

Looks beautiful! And I'm so proud of you for going with the "greener" bamboo! Nice job!

I totally understand the mixed feelings that go with moving. We are undergoing that same process as we prepare to sell our home and move to UT. It will be great to be closer to many family members, but oh, it is heart-wrenching to leave the dear friends(that have really become family) that we have made over the last 12! years.

Good luck with your move! We love you guys!

David and Jana said...

Congratulations! I love seeing new homes!! what an adventure1 I hope you enjoy every bit of it!

julie Tandberg said...

Good luck on the move. It looks so nice.