Friday, March 25, 2011

New Home Update

Although we don't close on the home for another month, they are almost done! Here's the progress photos from the last 2 months.

In February they put up the sheetrock, painted, installed the cabinets, poured the cement floor in the garage and started the exterior brick.
At the beginning of this month, we had a bunch of rain and melting snow, so I drove by to see how high the little river was along the back of the property. It was almost to the top!They had finished the exterior brick too!

Now they have put in the light fixtures, installed the countertops, sinks and fireplace, finished the bathrooms and put the siding on the outside.Next month we will install the flooring ourselves, then we will close on the home and have the appliances installed. The builders will wait till it is warmer to pour the driveway and sidewalk.

On the 12th we held an Open House to show our current home to prospective renters. We got several applicants and four days later we signed a 2 year lease with a really great family. It feels fabulous not to have to worry about that aspect of the move.

6 comments:

photomom said...

How exciting!!1 It's beautiful!

Joseph and Kamber said...

Looks wonderful.

Carina said...

Sooo cool! I didn't know you guys were building! Awesome! We are currently in New York house hunting. It is a stressful thing to do. I can surely appreciate how wonderful it will be for you guys to have a brand spankin' new home. It is gorgeous! I'm so glad that you have renters for 2 years as well. Looks like everything is working out nicely for you guys. I'm so glad!

B&U+2 said...

That is such awesome news and it looks great! So happy that it is all going so smoothly for you guys!

Granny D Fifield said...

It's looking great! Now another count down begins.

ckm said...

Beautiful!!!